Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Eagan, MN, United States|
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste-handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services is used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company (Wastequip Steel Division) is recruiting a Maintenance Technician who will support the manufacturing operation and have responsibility for the overall maintenance of the plant.
- Applicants should have completed a Technical/Vocational Industrial Maintenance Program or related field (college/university)
- Possess a minimum of 2+ years of related maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior welding experience (a plus)
- Experience with PM programs
- Complete PM inspections of equipment, facility, and safety as indicated;
- Control equipment downtime by conducting PM inspections and repairs outside of peak production hours;
- Ensure the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance and repairs;
- Experience coordinating repairs with outside contractors and vendors
- Have the knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and repair production equipment, including welding machines, metal fabricating equipment, overhead cranes, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems,
- Provide facility maintenance and repairs as needed;
- Track repairs, including causes, downtime, and repair time.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical and hydraulic diagrams, and equipment specifications
- Proficient with hand and power tools, metal working tools, and welding equipment
- Strong computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Working knowledge of related regulations such as OSHA, NEC, NFPA, ANSI, and state/local codes.
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.