Website Balchem Corporation
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Slate Hill, NY, United States|
Balchem develops, manufactures, and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for repairing and maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment.
Be responsible for examining electrical and mechanical equipment to diagnose problems, disassemble equipment, and repair or replace broken or worn-out parts.
Adjustment, lubrication, and preventative maintenance will be conducted by this position or, at its direction, by plant operators.
Work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor to schedule required maintenance activities and associated process shutdowns if required.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting
- PLC experience and project management experience (required)
- Project management experience
- Diagnoses and fixes electrical failures or problems.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including the use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Inspects buildings and grounds for any repairs or maintenance needed and reports findings to the supervisor.
- Installs and maintains water, gas, air, oil, and heat piping and associated equipment, such as pumps, reducing/relief valves, temperature control, and ventilating systems.
- Performs electrical work, including plan layouts, installs and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, and apparatus, such as fuses, circuit breakers, switches, and motors.
- Performs mechanical operations to build, repair and maintain plant machinery, such as machine parts where machinery requirements must hold close to the specifications; works from drawings or samples and uses machines such as grinders, hand tools, and measuring instruments.
- Performs metal working duties, such as repairing or installing steel or aluminum wall siding, doors, ductwork, shelving, and other metal materials.
- Performs structural repairs or construction, such as using a jackhammer to break through cement walls or pads.
- Performs welding procedures in an arc and soldering techniques; a wide variety of other welding techniques may be needed.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Knowledge of PLC and Boilers
- Continuous physical activity throughout the workday such as climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, hearing, talking, repetitive motion, and moving objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Operates a variety of handheld power and mechanical tools
- Works inside and outside, noise above the ambient level
- Proximity to moving mechanical parts may wear hearing protection and may be required to wear/use a respirator.
- Inside areas may periodically reach temperatures over 100 degrees F
- Confined space entry will be required
- 401(k) with company match
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Accounts
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Accounts
- Life insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Scholarship opportunities for employees’ children
- Short-and Long-Term Disability (STD and LTD)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs
Balchem Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.
To apply for this job please visit balchem.hrmdirect.com.