Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Dayton, VA, United States|
Cargill brings food, agricultural, financial and industrial products to people who need them all around the world. It helps farmers grow more, connecting them to broader markets. The company develops products that give consumers just what they’re seeking, advancing nutrition, food safety, and sustainability.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Technician to join its team for various engineering and production works.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- Age – must be 18 years or older
- Previous production or maintenance experience
- Previous Cargill experience
- Work history in the past 12 months
- Perform general machine repair without assistance
- Understand motor control and motor circuit repairs
- Utilize PM procedures for assigned machines
- Experience in the following-
-Reliability and proactive maintenance
Other Job Roles-
- The types of roles available require troubleshooting, ensuring proper maintenance and operational status of equipment, using a variety of hand tools to set up, break down, adjust production line machinery, and performing other duties pertaining to hydraulics and pneumatics, all while making safety the number one priority.
- Maintenance requires being able to read manuals written in English and the ability to write and document information.
- While performing the duties of Maintenance, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions with slippery surfaces; moving mechanical parts; a fast-paced warm/cool environment.
- Positions require standing the entire shift and the use of PPE is required in all areas of the facility.
- Ability to read/write/speak English
- Able to understand schematics and installation/operation manuals
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills with hand tools, basic math, measuring, and mechanical aptitude
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Previous industrial maintenance experience or equivalent schooling
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Marathon Health Clinic (Employer-sponsored health center)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.