Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st/2nd shift)|
|Location||Gettysburg, PA, United States|
Cargill brings food, agricultural, financial and industrial products to people who need them all around the world. It helps farmers grow more, connecting them to broader markets. The company develops products that give consumers just what they’re seeking, advancing nutrition, food safety, and sustainability.
Cargill Animal Nutrition is a global business that serves large-scale feed mill operators and retailers, as well as individual farmers.
The company is hiring a Maintenance Technician with creative, responsible, hardworking skills to operate the business successfully.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- Age – must be 18 years or older
- Trade school certification or degree in a maintenance related field, or relevant military experience (preferred)
- The candidates should have basic experience with maintenance trades
- Experience performing maintenance trades such as welding, pipefitting, fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearings, lubrication, pump and piping systems, or hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience with precision maintenance, such as laser alignment and/or dial indication
- Experience with safe work practices, such as Pre-Job Hazard Analysis (PJHA), confined spaces, job task permitting and Lockout Tag out, etc.
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Documenting completed work and the conditions found, utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Modifying or building equipment by reading and comprehending electrical/mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Operating forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, electric tools, precision maintenance tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Utilize and work with maintenance trades and components such as electrical, welding, pipefitting, fabrication, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
- Basic computer skills
- Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Drug Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.