Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Knoxville, TN, United States|
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities around the world.
The company is searching for a Mechanic who will diagnose and repair diesel tractors, trailers, and other wheeled vehicles.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 3 years of related experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA, and MSHA rules and regulations at all times
- Demonstrate and enforce CEMEX safety policies and regulations to all mechanics (i.e. Lockout/Tagout policies, hazard assessment)
- Diagnoses and repairs electrical systems and circuitry in accordance with acceptable industry standards
- Disassemble components, inspect parts for wear, and determine the cause of failure
- Discusses extensive or difficult in-depth repairs with Terminal Manager, and/or Supervisor
- Enters work orders on system for equipment inventory purposes
- Examines and diagnoses vehicle problems, and repairs according to generally accepted methods
- Inspects and replaces parts such as clutches, wheel seals, brake linings, drums, bearings, and all other components as described above
- Make sure shop and all repairs are in compliance with OSHA regulations
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Overhauls and rebuilds serviceable components
- Performs occasional cutting and welding utilizing both gas and electric welding equipment
- Performs routine scheduled maintenance outlined on PM checklist sheets
- Plans all routine work procedures
- Raises vehicle, with hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical components for removal, repair, or inspection
- Removes components for repair of replacements such as, but not limited to: alternators, starters, water pumps, radiators, condensers, compressors, clutches, transmissions, differentials, wheel assemblies, brakes, drivelines, gearboxes, pump, rollers, etc.
- Replaces and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wiper blades
- Some regional traveling required to repair company equipment
- Troubleshoots and repairs hydraulic systems, and components
- Wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Ability to deal with mechanical problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Able to recognize potentially hazardous situations, understand instructions given by supervisor, possess common sense
- Able to understand, interpret, communicate, and execute with exactness instructions given in both verbal and written form
- Bi-lingual Spanish is a plus
- Forklift certified or willing to obtain
- Possession of valid Driver’s License; prefer Class A or Class B CDL or the ability to obtain such a license within the new employee evaluation period (180 days) with a driving record that meets company requirements in order to retrieve or test-drive company commercial vehicles
- TWIC preferred or willing to obtain
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 20 pounds of force frequently, or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
- The job involves sitting most of the time but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
The company offers competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental, vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance programs, and retirement plan options.
CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.