Website Turner Industries
Pipe Welder Job Highlights
|Location||La Vergne, TN, United States|
Turner Industries provides a single solution in heavy industrial construction, maintenance, turnaround, pipe and module fabrication, equipment, rigging and specialized transportation, and associated specialty services.
The company is seeking a Pipe Welder who will lay out, fit, and weld the fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms, such as tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, pipe, and building and bridge parts.
- No educational level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (preferred, not required)
- Bolts, clamps, and tack weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- May assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- May use cutting torch to cut materials and demo existing assemblies.
- May weld pipe such as carbon steel, stainless steel, chrome, etc. by process of arc, heliarc, gas, mig, tig, etc.
- May weld pipe, sheet metal, structural steel, brackets, or other materials.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding
- Sets up equipment and welds parts.
- Employee may be required to provide the following: toolbox, crescent wrenches, hacksaw, pipe wrench, set of combination wrenches, striker, tip cleaner, hood, cutting goggles, soapstone holder, welding gloves, set of Allen wrenches, tri square, bottle wrench, ball pein hammer, channel locks, rain suit.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test
- Must be able to pass a weld test
- Carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.
- Climbing ladders, scaffolds, structures, etc. above and below ground level
- Coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, and fingers to operate tools and equipment
- Hearing with or without correction
- Lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, or overhead
- Maintaining balance on ladders, scaffold structures, etc.
- Reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials
- Seeing with or without correction
- Standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crouching/squatting, crawling
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, 401k
- Overtime as needed
Turner Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
To apply for this job please visit turnerindustries.applicantpro.com.