Website S.M. Lawrence
Pipewelder Job Highlights
|Location||Nashville, TN, United States|
|Company||S.M. Lawrence Company|
S.M. Lawrence Company is recognized as one of the leaders in the mechanical contracting and HVAC service industries, providing business solutions addressing workplace comfort, environment, processes, and energy services.
The company is searching for a Pipe Welder who will lay out, fabricate, assemble, install and maintain piping, piping systems, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems.
Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of carbon steel and stainless steel
- Cuts pipe, using port-a-band saw, reciprocating saw, pipe cutters, power saw, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine
- Determines required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Knows the properties of various welding rods and fluxes used in welding metals
- May weld holding fixtures to structural steel members
- Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers
- Removes slag and rough spots with a portable grinder, file, or scraper
- Secures pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools
- Tests piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks
- Weld pipes/metals with various techniques including electric, gas, arc, TIG, or other equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal diplomatically with coworkers other tradesmen
- Ability to make decisions based on information at hand
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Able to install work from drawings, submittals, and specifications
- Able to read and understand project-related documents in the English language
- Knowledge of basic construction/shop math (addition, subtraction, division, fraction, and multiplication)
- Knowledge of International Mechanical Code (IMC) and OSHA safety regulations
- Maintain a positive attitude and willingness to work in a team environment
- Must be able to pass a drug test, background check and have a clean driving record
- TIG welding is a plus
- Work easily and skillfully with hands
- Working knowledge of mechanical piping and process piping systems
- 401 (k) Match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
S.M. Lawrence Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit smlawrencecoinc.ourcareerpages.com.