Website Kinder Morgan
Pipeline Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Guilderland Center, NY, United States|
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies along with the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator. The company move approximately 40 percent of the natural gas consumed in the U.S.
The company is looking for a Pipeline Welder who will perform and inspect the pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Tennessee Gas Pipeline (TGP), Southern Natural Gas (SNG) facilities, and products (liquids) pipeline facilities including the installation, operation, and maintenance of all gas pipeline-related facilities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5 to 7 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge and experience as a pipeline welder
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork
- Fabricate material from piping schematics and other drawings.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Layout, cut, fit, and otherwise prepares material for welding.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Perform hot cuts and hot tie-ins on existing piping.
- Perform hot taps and tie-in welds on various pipe size up to 42″ O.D.
- Perform welding operations on the in-service pipe.
- Perform welding operations on pipes, vessels, structural skids, and other equipment.
- Qualified welder in conformance with ASME and API Standard 1104 – Welding of Pipelines and Related Facilities – 20th Edition 2007
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- This position reports to a Pipeline Support Crew Lead to ensure consistency and assurance of work performed in compliance with governmental and company policies and procedures.
- Work from blueprints, sketches, or verbal instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to work with others, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software if applicable), trainable to custom software applications.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals.
- Focused on internal and external customer service.
- Good communication skills – must be able to interface effectively with many internal and external customers, regulatory officials, company contacts, co-workers, and 3rd party contractors.
- Individuals must follow all safety, environmental and regulatory policies so tasks and assignments are completed in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste.
- Job planning and organization
- Knowledge of basic properties of metals
- Knowledge of both OSHA safety regulations and DOT pipeline regulations.
- Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents itself.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details and follow work rules.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering construction blueprints for both pipeline and compressor station projects.
- Promote and embody Kinder Morgan’s Core Values.
- This individual will be responsible for administrative tasks including ordering and receiving required replacement parts, completing personal timesheets and expense accounts, completing and maintaining CMV documentation, and maintaining a company vehicle.
- Will be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Achieve and maintain all qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification
- Qualified welder in conformance with API Standard 1104 – Welding of Pipelines and Related Facilities – 20th Edition 2007
- Valid Driver’s license
- Will be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties (regulatory welding certifications)
- Will be required to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicle and comply with FMCSA regulations.
- ADA Job Requirements: Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee’s performance, mental, or emotional disability.
- Ascend and descend slopes and ditches.
- Climb and work from ladders, catwalks, staging, and platforms.
- Exert up to 100 lbs. of physical force.
- Lift, pull, push, and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Stand, walk, kneel, bend, and squat for extended periods of time.
- Twist head and back for extended periods of time.
- Work in adverse weather and/or extreme temperature conditions.
- Work in areas classified as confined space.
- Work with hands above head, lying on back.
- This position requires extensive travel and overnight stays are frequent with work away from the reporting location required up to 80% of the time and the ability to respond to call-outs.
- Work schedule during construction is Monday through Saturday, ten to twelve hours per day.
- Work schedule is Monday through Thursday, ten hours per day but we regularly work overtime including more than 10 hours per day and working through weekends.
- The company offers a robust benefit package that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, two retirement plans, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Kinder Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.