Website BWX Technologies
Project/Field Engineering Job Highlights
|Location||Cambridge, Ontario, Canada|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is recruiting a Project/Field Engineer who will lead complex field engineering projects, from cradle to grave, in multidisciplinary teams for the Construction, Maintenance, Inspections, Modifications, and Repairs of Nuclear components and associated tooling.
- Applicants should have a Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering Degree along with 5 years of industry experience
- Educational background in welding and metallurgy (an asset)
- Possess a project/field engineering experience (an asset)
- Hands-on mechanical experience and aptitude (desired)
- Interpret and apply CSA and ASME Codes.
- Lead field services projects at customer sites, as a technical and quality subject matter expert and process owner.
- Perform Quality Control duties per nuclear quality standards.
- Plan and conduct training of trades and technicians for assigned field services projects.
- Provide technical and organizational support for Nuclear Services projects (Maintenance, Inspections, Modifications, and Repairs) including documentation/specification review, coordination of design and procurement activities, and procedure preparation.
- Active participation in process improvement initiatives.
- Lead process validation efforts including development and execution of test programs, failure mode, and risk assessments.
- Liaise with the trade personnel, customer, and regulatory authority in support of BWXT Canada activities.
- Prepare engineering estimates based on customer RFQs and other technical documents.
- Prepare technical specifications for new engineered tooling.
- Prepare technical write-ups to support proposal efforts.
- Procure tools and materials.
- Review, assess, and clarify the project’s technical requirements.
- Shift work (days/night shift) is expected when working at customer sites.
- Support assessing work through Asset Suite.
- Work closely with vendors in the development of specialized equipment.
- Familiar with ASME code, QA standards, and Pressure Vessel Maintenance and Inspection activities is an asset.
- Must be willing to be stationed at Bruce Power/OPG on extended rotation (6 to 8 months of the year).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively work with others.
- Willingness to travel to various CANDU sites (60-70%).
- Bonus plan
- Competitive salaries
- Educational Refund Program
- Employer-paid pension plan
- Excellent Health and Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing plan
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.