Website Martinrea International
Robotic Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Robotic Weld Technician|
|Location||Jonesville, MI, United States|
Martinrea International is a diversified global automotive supplier, focused on accelerating innovation in metal forming, aluminum casting, fluid systems, and flexible assemblies to help automakers meet their lightweight requirements. At the same time, it improves a vehicle the overall strength, safety, and fuel efficiency.
The company is hiring a Robotic Welding Technician who will install, program, troubleshoot, and repair robots and related equipment by applying knowledge and utilizing tools and resources.
- Applicants should have an Associate’s Degree in Robotics Technology or Equivalent from 2-year College or Technical School
- Robotic Weld Technician Journeyman card
- Possess 2 to 4 years of related experience/training in automotive manufacturing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Attach electrical wires to the robot controller and programmable controller and connect cables between the robot, robot controller, programmable controller, and hydraulic power unit
- Connect hoses between hydraulic power unit and robot as required by manufacturer installation instructions
- Inspect the installation site to verify that electrical supply wires, conduits, switches, and circuit breakers are installed according to specifications. Follows all manufacturers’ specification in new installations of robots and safety cages
- Locate and replace faulty printed circuit boards in the robot controller by applying knowledge of circuit board function, schematic diagrams, and manufacturer’s instructions and specifications
- Modify the program to refine the movement and efficiency of a robot, using the teach pendant
- Perform startup sequence for robot and related equipment to verify that operation is as specified
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of robot and related equipment to detect malfunction, and repair or replaces defective parts as needed
- Perform verification and testing of robot repair operation, work completed, and release robot back to production
- Perform weld adjustments
- Position and secure the robot and related equipment to the floor with assistance from maintenance staff using a crane, hand, and power tools, following manuals and blueprints and inspecting the installation site to ensure that robot has been installed according to specifications
- Program robot to perform specified tasks, applying knowledge of programming language and PLCs, using teach pendant and keyboard or control panel or robot controller
- Review work order and related manuals, blueprints, and schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed and tools, equipment, and parts needed for installation of repair assignment
- Test electrical components such as wiring, switches, and relays, and replace faulty components as necessary
- Verifies that electrical power is reaching the robot and that voltage is as specified using testing instruments
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent teamwork, communication, time management, decision-making, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Ladder logic, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and troubleshooting knowledge
- Must be able to work independently and in a team, prioritize, and multi-task
- Must have a good knowledge of the English language
- PLC and robotic programming knowledge and ability
- 100% Plant Floor (PPE Required)
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to sit and lift/move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to reach, crouch or kneel, and lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, as well as the ability to adjust focus are all required.
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies, and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Short-term disability coverage
- Training Opportunities
Martinrea International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit martinrea.prevueaps.com.