Website Rio Tinto
Shutdown Construction Coordinator Job Highlights
|Title||Shutdown Construction Coordinator|
|Location||Salt Lake City, UT|
Rio Tinto is a pioneer in mining and metals. The company produces materials essential to human progress. Iron ore for steel, aluminum for cars and smartphones, copper for wind turbines, electric cars, and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
The company is searching for a Shutdown Construction Coordinator who will oversee and coordinate project work activities in the execution of planning and integration with operations, construction, permitting, quality assurance, pre-commissioning, and commissioning.
Coordinate day-to-day work scope between other contractor teams and active operations.
- No education is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- Experience in Construction, Quality Assurance, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning
- Extensive experience in mechanical and piping fabrication and installation
- Heavy Industrial Project Management or Equivalent Construction Experience
Ensure successful and safe execution of projects through detailed planning and understanding of the hot and gas cleaning areas by following the scopes of work in compliance with the following-
- Construction Contract scope, schedule, and cost
- Engineering and Design specifications and quality
- RTKC Contractor Management standards
- RTKC HSE standards and programs
- RTKC Permitting processes
Support the project team in the development and execution of the following-
- Construction, Pre-commissioning, and Commissioning Schedules
- Project Execution Plan documents
- Quality Assurance/Commissioning Execution Plan documents
- Quality Assurance/Commissioning forms and documentation
- RTKC HSE and Contractor Management documentation
- Scope of Work documents
- Experience in Confined Space Entry management
- Experience in issuing work permits
- Experience in performing work inside Sulfuric Acid areas and equipment. Hydrofluoric Acid is plus
- Experience in using specialized PPE i.e. sulfuric acid resistant PPE, supply air respirators, full-face respirators, full-body harness and lanyards, trauma straps, and Tyvek suits for extended time periods
- Extensive knowledge of welding processes and techniques
- Industrial construction work management and field experience
- Industrial construction work management; Piping, pumps, precipitator, fiber-reinforced plastic, civil, mechanical, electrical, etc
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing processes
- Strong conflict resolution skills and incident management
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Critical Risk Management and practices
- Regulated work area procedures and standards
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Excellent retirement plan including 6% defined company contribution
- Generous 401k matching program
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Rio Tinto is committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable themselves. The company treats each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.riotinto.com.