Website Martin Marietta
Utility Person Job Highlights
|Location||Trenton, SC, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is hiring a Utility Person who will be responsible for safely and efficiently performing cross-functional duties in plant maintenance, production, and equipment operation.
The position is responsible for greasing and lubricating plant equipment, maintaining plant housekeeping, operating equipment, and performing routine maintenance on plant and equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Possess an experience in the building materials industry (preferred)
- Aides in the training of co-workers as needed
- Maintains good housekeeping in areas of responsibility and safe traffic flow throughout the site
- Operates a water truck to limit airborne dust
- Operates plant-specific mobile equipment such as excavators and haul trucks in a safe manner as needed
- Participates in plant operations including production, loading and shipping, and quality control
- Performs daily pre/post-shift inspections on equipment and maintains maintenance log
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance on mobile and plant equipment, including cutting and welding under the guidance of the plant manager or other designated personnel
- Uses a hand shovel and operates a skid steer, front end loader, and other tools to clean around plant equipment and to maintain roadways and parking areas
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Able to adhere to MSHA guidelines and plant safety rules and regulations
- Able to ensure a safe work environment by prioritizing safety, then quality, followed by production
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Able to work cooperatively with others toward a shared goal, contribute actively to the team efforts, and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Able to work varying shifts as needed, outdoors, in varying weather conditions
- Possess effective coordination and communication skills
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge, and skills
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.