Website Enprotech Industrial Technologies
Welder (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Cleveland, OH, United States|
|Company||Enprotech Industrial Technologies|
Enprotech Industrial Technologies designs, manufactures, and repairs manufacturing equipment for the steel manufacturing and aluminum manufacturing industries. The company is the largest supplier of repair, rebuilding, and field services for the metal forming and steel industry.
The company is searching for a Welder to join its team for various manufacturing activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Technical Training and Certifications are a plus
- The candidates should have 2 to 5 years of Stick, TIG, and MIG welding experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with welding gases and appropriate uses determines the type of welding to be used, such as metallic arc, inert gas, electrode, and oven treatment, applying knowledge of metals to be joined, contours and angles to be formed, and specified stress tolerances.
- Inspects grooves, angles, gap allowances, and related aspects of assembly to ensure conformance to specifications, using micrometer, caliper, and related precision measuring instruments
- Know how to set up welding machines. Must be proficient in using and adjusting MIG welders to the proper amperage and voltage for welding with various sizes of flux core wire.
- Lays out parts and assemblies according to specifications. Creates templates and other work aids to hold and align parts. Able rig (cranes) and fixture parts to be welded.
- May locate and repair cracks using inspection equipment, gas torch, or air arc.
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards, using a variety of inspection
- Performs related tasks, such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Pre-heat parts for effective welding
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases the size of metal parts.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions, and adjusts amperage, voltage, and speed during joining to assure required weld deposit
- Welds metal parts together, using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Achieve time and quality standards without compromising welding safety standards.
- check over engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable
- Demonstrate basic welding skills during the initial test, which requires vertical and horizontal multiple-pass fillet welding on a small scale with 1/16 inch flux core and solid welding wire
- Determine what type of weld wire is used on different metals and what type of gas is used with the various welding wires.
- Function independently within the context of the group’s day-to-day activities
- Handle tasks involving moderate physical exertion, and must also be able to stoop, bend, twist, and climb while working in rather confined areas at times
- Inspect welded joints, grooves, angles, gap allowances, and related aspects of assembly to ensure conformance to specifications, using micrometer, caliper, and related precision measuring instruments
- Interpret welding symbols in regards to determining what type of weld the prints call for and where the weld is to be placed
- Operate overhead crane to position or move workpiece
- Properly pre-heat parts for effective welding
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, engineering drawings, bill of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately weld and fabricate
- Use air, power, and hand tools, especially a torch and grinder
- Use and adjust MIG welders to the proper amperage and voltage for welding with various sizes of flux core wire
- Wear a respirator or a positive-pressure welding hood if or when required
- Work overtime and weekends as workload dictates
- Work with typical shop equipment and power tools, operate overhead cranes and fork trucks with proficiency
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
- Financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
Enprotech Industrial Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.