Website Chevron Phillips Chemical
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Port Arthur, TX, United States|
|Company||Chevron Phillips Chemical Company|
Chevron Phillips Chemical is one of the world’s top producers of olefins and polyolefins and a leading supplier of aromatics, alpha olefins, styrenics, specialty chemicals, plastic piping, and polymer resins.
The company is searching for a Welder who will fabricate or make repairs to all types of equipment used in the petrochemical manufacturing process, i.e. tanks, exchangers, piping systems, and vessels in the field.
The successful candidate is expected to adhere to and follow all the safety policies and procedures in performing job duties.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of pipe welding experience.
- Petrochemical or Oil and Gas industry experience.
- Welding Certificate or have a certificate of completion from an accredited Welding Program
- Certified to weld materials such as Carbon Steel, Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, Chrome, Monel, Hastelloy, Aluminum, Nickel, and others.
- Consistently follow safe work practices, basic welding procedures and enthusiastically contribute to safe work culture.
- Perform related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Proficient in using pneumatic tools and operating motorized and manual equipment.
- Safely perform welding in all work positions using SMAW and GTAW welding processes.
- Working in a manner that improves and enhances teamwork, plant organization safety, and efficiency.
- Ability to work call-outs, overtime, nights, and weekends when required.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and dedication to safe job performance and safety of the facility and its employees.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- 9/80 work schedule at many locations
- Bonus program up to 14 percent annually
- Competitive total compensation packages
- Education scholarships for dependents
- Educational assistance and tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program and behavioral health plan
- Flexible work arrangements including telecommuting, part-time work, and personal leave policies for qualified employees
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance, long-term disability, supplemental life, accidental death and personal loss (ADPL) insurance, and dependent life insurance
- Matching 401(k) and profit-sharing
- Matching charitable gifts for education and cultural organizations
- Medical, dental, prescription drug coverage, and vision discount plan
- Merit and immediate rewards programs
- Pension plan
- Personal days to help you navigate obligations such as childcare or caring for elderly parents
- Relocation assistance
- Service awards
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cpchem.com.