Website Amada America
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||High Point, NC, United States|
Amada America provides the industry with a steady stream of innovative, and productivity-enhancing sheet metal machines. The markets served include aerospace, air conditioning, appliance, computers, electronics, farm equipment, gaming industry, medical equipment, metal office equipment, restaurant equipment, telecommunications, and transportation.
The company is looking to hire a Welder who will be responsible for fabricating parts according to instructions and within a specified time frame, using the appropriate tools or equipment according to safety and quality standards, as well as carrying out any other duties as directed by Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Applicants should have either less than a High School Education or up to a 1-month of related experience or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess experience working in manufacturing and production (preferred)
- Experience driving a forklift and using measuring tools (preferred)
- ISO and SAP experience (a plus)
Primary Functions (70%)-
- Performs Troubleshooting and Fabrication Duties – by fabricating parts as directed by Team Leader or Supervisor; by troubleshooting fabrication problems; by requesting parts or tools, when necessary; by performing accurate, quality fabrication in a timely manner; by performing adjustments needed to ensure factory settings and specifications; by using schematics, engineering documentation, and precedent to fabricating parts; and by submitting fabricated parts to Quality Control, appropriate Team member, or Department.
- Maintains Tools, Equipment, and Work Space – by following instructions on tool and equipment use; by reporting problems, repairs needed, and repairs performed to Team Leader or Supervisor; by performing repairs as needed; by regularly cleaning tools, equipment, and workspace throughout shift; by cleaning and detailing tools, equipment, and workspace at the end of every shift; and by following instructions regarding routine maintenance or treatment for tools, equipment, and workspace.
Secondary Functions (20%)-
- Keeps Management Informed – by reporting problems immediately to management verbally or in writing, in order to avoid confusion and problems.
- Manages Time and Resources – by using Company resources in order to maximize productivity and accomplish tasks on time.
- Complies with Established Procedures – by learning and following all policies and procedures of the Department in order to work efficiently and to meet the expectations of the Company.
Common Functions (10%)-
- Contributes to the Team Effort – By being flexible in work assignments; by covering for other Staff as needed; and by accomplishing related tasks when reasonably requested.
- Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge – By attaining job-related certification; by keeping up on industry trends; and by applying that knowledge to the job.
- Acts on Constructive Feedback – By being open to feedback from peers, supervisors, and clients.
- Improves Processes – By examining departmental work processes, research procedures, administrative procedures, etc.; and by recommending changes where appropriate.
- Upholds Work Standards – By maintaining professional conduct and appearance; by realizing one’s own limitations and seeking assistance when needed; and by using established communication channels.
- Language Skills – Ability to effectively respond to questions from Management, Staff, clients, and the general public in English. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups in English.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Reasoning Skills – Ability to apply knowledge and sense of understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be tactful, mature, flexible, and able to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy (i.e., working with powered tools, moving parts, and heavy machinery).
- May be required to work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
- Must occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to pick up, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Amada America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.