Welder (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Greenwood, SC, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Welder who will set up and perform metal joining and cutting operations, with ferrous and nonferrous metals such as (steel, aluminum, and cast metals), with or without fixtures, using a variety of welding equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- They must have a welding certification in MIG or Basic Welding (i.e. Piedmont Technical College Basic Welding Certificate)
- The candidates are expected to have previous work experience in the related field.
- Be responsible for the quality, including measuring finished parts with a tape measure and/or calipers, visual inspections of material, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
- Contribute to a safe, engaged, and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in the area of assignment and communicate concerns appropriately.
- Manually locate details on complex assemblies in welding sequence for a variety of non-repetitive structural assembly fabrication, with or without fixtures.
- Weld parts using proper machine settings and rod or wire and gas selections as well as fabricate fixtures to aid in the welding process.
- Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral or written instructions, or prototypes.
- Previous experience in sheet metal fabrication including experience with a standard punch and bend tooling and processes.
- Previous experience reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, and/or operating instructions.
- Previous experience with ERP systems including DMM and AS-400.
- Previous experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers)
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Persuasive skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within a team environment
- Regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
- Frequently required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 50 pounds
- Frequently required to walk, stoop, lift, carry, push, pull, and grip
- Regularly required to listen and to talk
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach or above shoulder level, grip, use hands to handle
- The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination
Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use on day one, Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.