Website GE Gas Power
Welder/Blender Job Highlights
|Location||Central Singapore, Singapore|
|Company||GE Gas Power|
GE Gas Power engineers cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, powering growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Its leading technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity thanks to our talented people, who make gas work for our customers, stakeholders, and the world. Through relentless innovation and continuous partnership with customers, it is building the energy technologies of the future and providing cleaner, more efficient power.
The company is seeking a Welder/Blender who will support the manufacturing of fabrication products.
In this role, you will be familiar with standards such as ASME, API, ASTM, EN, BS, etc., and to provide welding expertise during manufacturing operations including development, optimization of the manufacturing process, so as to achieve the best quality, less labor time, quicker lead time for our products.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university with a Mechanical or Welding Engineer Background
- The candidates should have at least 3 years of working experience in a fabrication manufacturing job.
- Can read Technical code/standard and technical documents both in Vietnamese and English
- Experienced with API, ASTM, BS, ASME standards
- Have experience with NDT and welding inspection
- Develop and provide necessary training to employees to build welding quality awareness to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain Quality Plan (PQP), Quality Control (PQC), CAV, Welding book, WPS/PQR, Welder qualification that assures engineering and customer requirements are met throughout the production process;
- Lead root cause analysis for all welding quality defects or findings
- Provide clear welding technical requirements to suppliers and follow up with SQE to have suppliers provide root cause, corrective and preventive actions for all quality defects;
- Provide welding technical instruction to operators and others to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the welding quality of the products
- Reviewer and Approver for a welding rework plan. Act as a single contact to work with the Design Engineer for welding technical clarification and get approval for a repair plan
- Supervise for implementation of corrective action and preventative action for welding quality issues Analyze failure, provide corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
- Can work individually or in a team and can handle high working pressure/resilience
- Open and honest and trustworthy
- Prior experience with lean manufacturing is preferred
- Prior experience with shipbuilding, fabrication, and welding job
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified is preferred
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Tool or process design experience
- Up to date technical knowledge of the latest trends in manufacturing technology and the ability to apply and adapt
- Accident, near
- Actively participate in accident, injury, and illness prevention activities
- Actively participate in Environment, health, and safety training and demonstrate competency based on training received
- Bring Environment, health and safety issues, unsafe acts, and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those they can
- Develop Safety Risk Analyses (SRA) and safe working procedures
- Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions
- Keep other employees aware of health and safety practices and activities by actively observing fellow employees’ work practices and incorporating safety into their daily tasks
- Know and follow established job specific and facility-wide environment, health and safety procedures, and rules
- Know and implement regulatory compliance requirements in their work area
- Maintain Environment, health, and safety equipment in good working order
- Maintain housekeeping in the work area
- miss accident or potential hazard investigations
- Participate actively in providing suggestions for Environment, health, and safety program improvement
- Continuously improve the quality performance of products
- Don’t accept defects, don’t make defects, and don’t pass defects
- Stop the process and report when any abnormality that might cause defects, escaping defect
- Understand and comply with procedures and work instructions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.