Welding Engineer III Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Engineer III|
|Location||Overland Park, KS, United States|
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy.
The company is looking to hire a Welding Engineer III to join its team.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree from an ABET-accredited Engineering program or a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from an accredited program
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Welding, Metallurgical or Materials Engineering from an ABET-accredited program/university; Bachelor of Science degree in Welding, Metallurgical, Materials Science, Mechanical or Mechanical/Chemical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program (a plus)
- Possess 4 or more years of applied experience in engineering or related technical activities
- Experience using and developing weld procedures for EBW, LBW, GTAW, Resistance Welding, or Furnace Processes
- Relevant experience performing welding engineering or similar metal product processing; generally, 4 years minimum desired
- Research and development experience in welding processes or welding metallurgy
- Applies technical engineering skillset to analyze process efficiency, troubleshoot defects, perform quality control functions, and drive cost savings
- Develops robust and repeatable joining procedures for high precision components using Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Electron Beam Welding (EBW), Laser Beam Welding (LBW), Resistance Welding, and Vacuum Furnace Brazing
- Evaluates, applies, and develops complex welding specifications in cooperation with the customer
- Performs Welding Engineering duties to support daily welding operations
- Presents technical reports and communicates technical direction to customer subject matter experts
- Writes weld qualification reports, weld procedure specifications, and work instructions
- Ability to quickly adapt to new processes and materials
- Demonstrated ability to create and edit complex engineering and process equipment software
- Strong desire to drive advancements in welding technology and processes
- Technical understanding of stainless-steel welding metallurgy
- US citizenship is required to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy “Q” level security clearance
- Ensure your financial well-being
- Help you beyond the office door
- Physical and behavioral well-being
Honeywell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.