Welding Technician 1 Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Technician 1|
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
Oceaneering is a trusted subsea connection specialist and pushes the frontiers of deep water, space, and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve the challenges. The company sorts out solutions for the most complex subsea challenges and develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning.
The company is seeking a Welding Technician who will complete all welding to meet production requirements for the umbilical manufacturing facility.
Follow work instructions and technical design drawings to specification to pass a quality examination.
Resolve technical questions and issues associated with welding operations.
Interface with customers to ensure satisfaction, work with Quality Inspectors on work quality, production operators, engineers, and project managers.
- The applicants require a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess at least 2 years of production or manufacturing experience in welding
- Ability to work independently, and perform tasks with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to access the Port City.
- Familiar with carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum welding practices.
- Must be able to pass 3G and 4G welding test
- Must be able to qualify new procedures/processes on a variety of alloys and thicknesses.
- Must be familiar with SMA (shielded metal arc) welding and FCA (flux-cored arc) welding processes.
- Must be willing to meet client and company deadlines.
- Must read and interpret drawings and engineering designs to fabricate to specifications. Follow work instructions on processes to complete welding projects.
- Shall be able to set up equipment for the task and be able to perform tasks in a safe manner according to company policy/procedures.
- Welds must pass inspection by mag particle or penetrant testing.
- Will be required to perform welds in all positions, sometimes with limited access.
- Maintain safety and HSE training requirements
- Ability to work overtime when work requires; could work 4/10 hour days.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Must be able to perform basic computer functions in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
Oceaneering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
To apply for this job please visit careers.oceaneering.com.