Aggregate Plant Laborer Job Highlights
|Title||Aggregate Plant Laborer|
|Location||Apple Valley, CA, United States|
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is seeking an Aggregate Plant Laborer who will be responsible for safely performing a variety of duties to assist the plant manager, plant operators, and loader operators to keep the plant and yard clean and maintained.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess experience in welding and fabrication
- Assist plant operators with maintenance duties, greasing, plant repairs, etc.
- Drive company truck to perform similar duties at other aggregate plants
- Maintain the yard and plant, keeping them neat and free from debris
- May be trained to operate forklift, loader, etc.
- Operate water trucks
- Shovel, sweep, lift and climb within the yard
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
- Ability to lift 95 lbs. infrequently, 50 lbs. frequently, and climb stairs/ladders up to 24’
- Ability to use various electric and air-powered hand, welding, and cutting tools as appropriate
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one-on-one setting
- Be available for overtime, extended hours, and weekends as required for timely project completion
- Familiarity with MSHA regulations (a plus)
- Valid commercial driver’s license with a clean record
- Working knowledge of aggregate production and associated equipment, and an understanding of operations and safety requirements (preferred)
- Successful candidates must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
- The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.