Asphalt Plant Operator/Maintenance (Materials) Job Highlights
|Asphalt Plant Operator/Maintenance (Materials)
|Santa Maria, CA, United States
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is hiring an Asphalt Plant Operator/Maintenance (Materials) who will perform a combination of duties involving general maintenance/operation of an asphalt plant.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 4+ years of experience in asphalt plant operations (preferred)
- Experience in welding and fabrication (preferred)
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting (preferred)
- Complete daily service requirements of the asphalt plant for preventative maintenance issues
- Fabricate and repair hoppers and conveyors
- General labor duties such as shoveling and sweeping
- General maintenance of various pumps and electrical requirements and wear prevention of equipment
- Learn to operate a dual-use, continuous-batch asphalt plant
- Operate mobile equipment including heavy haul trucks, front-end loaders, and track dozers
- Repair conveyor systems, i.e. bearing replacement, drive systems, change screen cloths, structural fabrication
- Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays
- Ability to lift 95 lbs. infrequently, 50 lbs. frequently, and climb ladders/stairs up to 100’
- Ability to use various electric and air-powered hand, welding, and cutting tools
- Ability to work under pressure
- Available for overtime work, extended hours, night work, and weekend work as required for timely project completion
- Work with minimal supervision
- Familiar with MSHA regulations and annual training
- Understanding of the type and quality of material being produced
- Working knowledge of asphalt production and associated equipment and understanding of operations and safety requirements for the equipment
- The majority of work is outside in all weather conditions.
- Successful candidates must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
- The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.