Website Siemens Energy
ASME Welder/Grinder (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||ASME Welder/Grinder – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Painted Post, NY, United States|
Siemens Energy AG is one of the world’s leading energy technology companies. The company works on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions, and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain – from power generation and transmission to storage. The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers.
The company is searching for an ASME Welder Grinder to join its team for various manufacturing needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of relative Welding and Brazing experience
- Maintain operating condition of wire feeder, gas mixture, and welding gun and/or torches.
- Perform electric and gas welding in all positions. May various types and sizes of weld such as lap, v, and butt.
- Select and use proper current and voltage settings on the machine.
- Use burning and air arc equipment to repair defective areas such as blow and sand holes. Preheat materials as required to compensate for expansion and contraction.
- Uses a consumable electrode with inert gas which feeds through the nozzle of the handgun. Manipulates the gun along the seam to make the weld. Mirrors are used in welding blades.
- Weld and braze a variety of parts, code, and non-code in all positions.
- Ability to produce parts from prints, samples, sketches, or drawings, check work, use standard and/or special gauging devices when necessary to assure conformity, and maintain quality standards.
- Be proficient in oxyacetylene, electric welding, tungsten inert gas, MIG welding, brazing, silver soldering, shrinking, or sweating.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens-energy.com.