Boilermaker Job Highlights
|Location||Point Comfort, TX, United States|
Bilfinger is a leading international industrial services provider. The portfolio covers manufacturing, consulting, engineering, assembly, maintenance, plant expansion to turnarounds, environmental technologies, and digital applications.
The company is seeking a Boilermaker who will assemble, analyze defects in, and repair boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, and vats in the field, following blueprints and using hand tools and portable power tools and equipment.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- The candidates are expected to have work-related experience.
- Locates and marks reference points for columns or plates on foundation, using master straightedge, squares, transit, and measuring tape, and applying knowledge of geometry.
- Attaches rigging or signal crane operator in lift parts to a specified position.
- Align structures or plate sections to assemble boiler frames, tanks, or vats, using plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs, or turnbuckles.
- Hammers, flame-cuts, files, or grinds irregular edges of sections or structural parts to facilitate fitting edges together.
- Bolts or arc-welds structures and sections together.
- Positions drums and headers into supports or bolts or welds support to the frame.
- Align water tubes and connects and expand ends to drums and headers, using a tube expander.
- Bells, beads with a power hammer, or welds tube ends to insure leak-proof joints.
- Bolts or welds casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles, and such fabricated parts as chutes, air heaters, fan stands, feeding tubes, catwalks, ladders, coal hoppers, and safety hatch to frame, using a wrench.
- Installs manholes, valves, gages, and feed water connection in drums to complete assembly of water tube boilers.
- Assists in testing assembled vessels by pumping water or gas under specified pressure into vessels and observing instruments for evidence of leakage.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy;
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems;
- Plan work and select proper tools;
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects;
- Picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams;
- Perform a variety of duties that may change often; and rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Climb and maintain balance on scaffolds and ladders;
- Reach for, handle, and manipulate objects and materials;
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds;
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and see well (either naturally or with correction).
- Completion of apprenticeship program required.
- May be required to be licensed.
Bilfinger Industrial Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bilfinger.com.