Boilermaker Job Highlights
|Location||Sweeny, TX, United States|
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across the energy. It provides consulting, project, and operation solutions with specializations in project management, engineering, procurement, construction management, maintenance management, production support, power generation, offshore, onshore, oil sands, pipeline, refining, chemicals, industrial, gas turbines, and renewable energy.
The company is looking for a Boilermaker to join its team.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess at least 2 to 3 years as an apprentice/helper in one of the mechanical areas such as Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator, or Welding
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO’s, or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Follow the rules of safe conduct always
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but are not limited to) man lifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.