Ironworker Job Highlights
|Location||Sweeny, TX, United States|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewable, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is searching for an Ironworker to join its team.
- No education level is mentioned, it may be required a High School Diploma
- Possess 1 to 2 years of Journeyman experience
- Should have at least 2 to 3 years as an apprentice/helper in one of the mechanical areas such as Ironworker, Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator, or Welding
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO’s, or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Alight structure or plates to be assembled on boiler frames, tanks, or structures, using plumb bobs, wedges, dogs, or turnbuckles.
- Bolt or weld equipment sections using approved materials and procedures such as stacks, chutes, ladders, catwalks, etc.
- Identify and recognize components of structural systems.
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but are not limited to) man lifts, forklifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately layout and fabricate structural iron
- Demonstrate ability to locate and mark reference points for structural components on foundation using master straightedge, square, transit, builder’s levels, and measuring tape
- Demonstrate appropriate techniques in handling sections or structural parts in order to facilitate fitting edges together
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
The US Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.