Branch Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Pembroke, NH, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is searching for a Branch Manager who will be responsible for the critical issues of branch operations and profitability including sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in sales or distribution of gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products
- 2 years of prior demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Assists with the development and execution of marketing plans to support the development of key market segments.
- Collaborates with outside sales to ensure order accuracy and properly schedule customer deliveries by Airgas trucks.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities, merchandising, and displays. Manages inside sales, sales growth, and sales margins.
- Directly manages day-to-day branch retail operations including safety, retail sales, warehousing, and distribution. Leads and manages a team consisting of Counter Sales, Warehouse, Drivers, and Customer Service employees.
- Leads and manages branch inventory: daily, bi-annually, and annual hard goods inventory and cycle counts.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Manages all hard goods receiving and all dynamic deployment (hard goods inter-branch orders) for completion timely and daily
- Manages branch operating expenses including overtime and office supplies. Works with corporate accounts receivable to manage branch credits and collections.
- Monitors SAP reports daily including open order/delivery reports, billing and delivery block reports, and open purchase order reports.
- Oversees employee training in procedural areas. Partners with Airgas hardware vendors to schedule and hold monthly vendor product training sessions.
- Provides daily cash reconciliation ensuring daily completion addressing any issues prior to deposit.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Demonstrated Planning Skills-
- Identifies requirements; allocates, and effectively uses information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary for mission accomplishment; establishes appropriate courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals; develops evaluation criteria and tracking systems for monitoring goal progress and accomplishment; and specifies objectives, schedules, and priorities.
Customer Service Skills-
- Strong detail-oriented problem-solver: Identifies existing and potential problems/issues.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a clear, direct, and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Is aware of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others; deals effectively with others in favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of their status or position; accepts interpersonal and cultural differences; manages conflict/confrontations/ disagreements in a positive manner that minimizes personal impact, to include controlling one’s own feelings and reactions; and provides appropriate support to others.
- Establishes work standards and expectations for self and others.
- Assigns/delegates work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals.
- Keeps goals and objectives in sight at all times, monitors progress toward goals, overcomes barriers and obstacles.
- Coach, advice, and assist as required.
- Assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise.
- Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
- Sets a good example, demonstrates personal integrity, responsibility, and accountability.
- Provides advice and assistance to help others accomplish their work.
- Directs/motivates self.
- Proficient with Google Applications and/or MS Office; SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.