Buyer II Job Highlights
|Location||Morgan City, LA, United States|
Oceaneering is a trusted subsea connection specialist and pushes the frontiers of deep water, space, and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve the challenges. The company sorts out solutions for the most complex subsea challenges and develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning.
The company is hiring a Buyer II who will execute the process of ordering goods, supplies, equipment, and raw materials to support operations and services in accordance with prescribed purchasing policies, regulations, and procedures.
Understands schedules, risks to orders and manages a supplier’s individual order performance to requirements for orders which require greater experience or specialist knowledge to manage. Monitors and reports the status and progress of orders to procurement leaders.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years of related industry experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The candidates should have 2 years of minimum experience reading drawings, including interpreting welding symbols and machine tolerances.
- 3+ years of experience purchasing raw materials, commercial off-the-shelf parts (COTS), machined products, or fabricated structures.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ensures the communication of technical, quality, legal, and commercial requirement sourcing information for goods and services, and facilitates the resolution of commercial, quality, and technical issues related to sourced goods, both internal and external to Oceaneering.
- Issues requests for quotes/information.
- Manages procurement plan and pricing strategy to support cost objectives and works to ensure delivery schedules are adequate to support the project and operational needs.
- Negotiates for the purchase of goods, supplies, equipment, and services.
- Performs administrative activities in support of the purchasing function.
- Prepares and solicits bids.
- Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Resolves purchasing issues between OII and vendors.
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions.
- Reviews quotations.
- All other duties assigned
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem-solving.
- Knowledge of department’s policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, etc.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
Oceaneering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
To apply for this job please visit careers.oceaneering.com.