Website Collins Aerospace
CFD Welding Senior Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||CFD Welding Senior Engineer|
|Location||Decorah, IA, United States|
Collins Aerospace (a Raytheon Technologies company) is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. The company has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges.
The company is looking for an individual who can provide process and technical support to heritage Collins products.
This role is specific to CFD welding expertise and working to attain NADCAP certification for the Decorah facility.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree from an institute and 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of experience
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations
- The candidates should have required work experience in the related field along with certain educational (program) qualifications.
Note: Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Analyze and interpret systems requirements and definition data to the extent necessary to proactively apply engineering economics principles.
- Assists, plans, and designs facilities and layout for manufacturing processes and equipment taking into account economic factors, process flow, operator efficiency, and comfort.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control through the application of Lean principles.
- Cooperation – Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes.
- Customer Service Orientation – Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers.
- Dependability – Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management’s policies and procedures.
- Determines the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow, and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- Develop tools that enable manufacturing, aid process improvement, or address safety concerns. Frequent use of general/technical knowledge and industry/functional practices, techniques, and standards.
- Individual job duties may vary.
- Maintain awareness of the technological state-of-the-art and of the Company’s competitive position in the assigned area.
- Perform assignments requiring the use and application of standard engineering economics and product development principles and techniques.
- Plan, execute (facilitate), and document moderately difficult engineering economics challenges.
- Responsible for technical problem definition and solution in a manufacturing environment. Responsible to act as liaison with design engineering on incorporating changes to the designs which improve manufacturability.
- Solves IE problems of various levels of complexity.
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Bright Horizons, back-up child/elder care, and college coach resources
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Employee Scholar Program, a tuition reimbursement program
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Collins Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.collinsaerospace.com.