Website Valero Energy Corporation
Chief Reliability Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Chief Reliability Inspector|
|Location||Sunray, TX, United States|
Valero Energy (through its subsidiaries) is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and petrochemical products. Valero also is a joint venture partner in Diamond Green Diesel, which operates a renewable diesel plant.
The company is looking for a Chief Reliability Inspector to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the inspection of fixed equipment and piping systems (required)
- API 510, 570, and 653 certifications (required)
- Develops and implements programs to improve the reliability and safety of fixed equipment.
- Ensures accurate historical and corrosion research, reporting, documentation, and repair recommendations.
- Ensures that high-quality and timely maintenance and construction work occurs during turnarounds, capital construction projects, and routine maintenance.
- Monitors long-term serviceability, safety, and reliability of plant equipment.
- Provides expertise regarding design, fabrication, repair, alteration, inspection, and testing of equipment.
- Provides expertise, direction, supervision, and coordination in inspection, testing, design, alteration, and repair of fixed equipment.
- Provides fixed equipment design and repair expertise through research and repair recommendations consistent with applicable industry codes, standards, and specifications.
- Provides inspection guidance in turnaround planning.
- Provides routine on-stream and shutdown inspection and testing on a fixed equipment.
- Provides supervision and coordination of contract inspection personnel for routine inspections, maintenance, shutdowns, and projects.
- Provides support and interface with Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Planners, Operations Superintendents, and Technical Service Engineers.
- Publishes written reports on inspection findings and failure analysis
- Reviews and edits inspection recommendations and reports for code and engineering compliance.
- Supervises and provides leadership and direction to the Inspection Department.
- Extensive working knowledge of all ASME, ANSI, API, and NBIC Codes.
- The ability to isometrically sketch piping systems and understand the process flow and piping instrument diagrams.
- Working knowledge of welding and fabrication techniques including heat treatment and material specifications and their applicability in petrochemical plants.
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Opportunities for Personal Growth
- Caring and Committed Culture of The Organization
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
To apply for this job please visit valero.taleo.net.