Closures Door/Mechanisms Release Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Closures Door/Mechanisms Release Engineer|
Canoo works on a mission to bring EVs to Everyone. It has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first.
The company is seeking a Closures Door/Mechanisms Release Engineer who will take accountability and deliver results while being humble, hungry to succeed, and hunting for opportunities to win.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree from a college or university (with 10+ years of industry experience)
- The candidates should have 3+ years of designing of Closures-in-White systems
- CAD Capability – Minimum 10+ years Catia V5 experience (creating CIW or BIW designs or concepts), preferably from concept phase through launch
- Design and development of Closures-in-White systems along with hinges to meet vehicle requirements (function, cost, weight, performance)
- Develop alternative engineer solutions for design themes including hinge axis, cutlines, sealing flange development, and provide feedback to the design team
- Development of DFMEA, DVP&Rs, and GD&T documentation
- Interact with CAE team, interpreting results and leading countermeasures to meet all Regulatory, Safety, NVH, Deflection, and Fatigue requirements
- Manage deliverables for all program milestones including cost, mass, and timing
- Support testing and launch activities including development and execution of tests to support development
- Work on cross-functional teams (Studio, Manufacturing, BIW) to develop efficient designs and lead the integration of interfacing components
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple objectives
- CAE simulation experience is a plus
- Development of complex 3D CAD including Surfacing in Catia V5 or V6 along with the release and PLM experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing closures systems from initial concept through launch including sliding door systems and liftgates
- Experience with multi-material construction (AHSS, UHSS, Aluminum, and composites)
- Knowledge of CIW construction solutions including Stamping, Extrusions, Roll Forms, Forgings, and Castings along with corresponding design practices
- Knowledge of joining technologies including Self-Piercing Rivets, Resistance Welding, Arc Welding, and Bonding
- Working well in cross-functional groups under pressure to develop optimal solutions for the vehicle
- A casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
Canoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit careers-canoo.icims.com.