Website Consolidated Machine & Tool
CNC Lathe Setup Technician Job Highlights
|Title||CNC Lathe Setup Technician|
|Type||Full Time (day shift)|
|Location||Spencer, IA, United States|
|Company||Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT)|
Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT) manufactures parts and equipment for various industries including defense, aerospace, military, space, satellite, and industrial. The company’s capabilities include welding, fabrication, CNC machining, aerospace support equipment, ground support equipment structures/stands, and complex assemblies.
Mill Creek Machining (MCM) is a CMT company.
The company (Mill Creek Machining) is hiring a CNC Lathe Setup Technician who will be responsible for the excellence of precision machining of quality parts produced.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 1 to 5+ years of experience operating CNC Lathe machines
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained, appropriate safety systems/processes are utilized, and ensure compliance with all OSHA and other state/federal safety and environmental-related rules and regulations.
- Inspects first run piece and makes offsets as required, spot checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications (including documentation of results per the quality department records).
- Inspects parts per print and in-process documentation.
- Installs jaws, tooling, download program, enters offsets and proves out machine.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment through 5-S controls (willing to learn 5-S controls).
- Prepares all tools, and gauging needed for machining operations.
- Recommends and helps implement any improvements that could be made in the existing process.
- Understands programs and sets up CNC Lathe machines using programs generated by the engineering department.
- Performs other associated duties with machines, programs, tooling, and training of operators needed to continue the productive operation of the company.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings/readings
- Familiarity with Fanuc Controls (a plus)
- Working knowledge of micrometers, gauging, and comparator
- The company offers a benefits package that includes a competitive pay rate, accrued vacation time, paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, dental, and vision insurance as well as Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance.
Note: Employee Only Dental coverage, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance is employer-paid.
CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit cmt.applytojob.com.