CNC Machinist Job Highlights
|Location||Grand Rapids, MI, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is searching for a CNC Machinist to join its dynamic team. The applicants will work to manufacture large stamping die systems used to produce automotive sheet metal parts.
- The applicants should have a High School diploma or GED
- The candidates should have at least 3 years of machining experience; 1 year of which must be in operating 5 Axis- mills.
- Create programs for 5-Axis Mills
- Machine details to data and ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Promote and ensure safe working practices and a healthy work environment and report all safety issues in writing to the appropriate Department Supervisor, Operations Managers, and Health and Safety Specialist.
- Promote teamwork.
- Report all maintenance issues in writing to the appropriate Department Supervisor and Operations Managers.
- Set up jobs in the mills.
- Any other duties that I will be assigned by the department manager.
- Able to work with and give feedback to department supervisors to resolve issues on the shop floor.
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Working knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing
- Basic math skills.
- Must be organized and self-motivated.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Physical Requirements: Able to lift at 25 lbs.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to operate Heidenhain or Siemens controllers.
- Create programs for 5-Axis Mills using Work NC or Tebis software.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.