Website Republic Services
Compactor Shop Tech/Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Compactor Shop Tech/Welder|
|Location||Austell, GA, United States|
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through its subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless.
The company is hiring a Compactor Shop Tech/Welder who will perform troubleshooting, design, installation, and repair of all compactors and power units.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess at least 2 years of prior experience with hydraulic pumps and hoses
- Complete required paperwork.
- Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch
- Fabricates replacement hoses and fittings.
- Fabricates steel components for compactors
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Install company and safety decals in accordance with the company standard diagram on all compactors.
- Performs on-site repairs at customer locations.
- Refer more complex repairs to Technician A or Lead Technician.
- Replacement of hydraulic cylinders.
- Weld steel components using MIG and Arc welding equipment
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervisory involvement.
- Ability to utilize MIG and stick welders, plasma cutter, airless paint sprayers
- Demonstrated proficiency with welding, hydraulics, or electronics.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Republic Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicservices.jobs.