Website E2 Consulting Engineers
Construction Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Collinsville, IL, United States|
|Company||E2 Consulting Engineers|
E2 Consulting Engineers is a professional services firm that specializes in a full spectrum of engineering services including, project engineering and design, federal base operations, and infrastructure support services, gas pipeline construction and inspection services, environmental consulting and remediation, and information technology services.
The company is searching for a Construction Manager who will coordinate and manage multiple projects for our energy client with a high-pressure gas project including piping systems that range from 2” to 24” steel pipelines and facilities in multi-facet orientations and lengths.
This position will be responsible for schedules, budgets, process improvement, and client engagement and satisfaction
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 10 to 15 years of applicable industry field construction experience.
- Preferably an additional 5-10 years of industry project management experience of specialized techniques in overseeing the planning, design, and construction of major projects.
- Attend and assist in site meetings with contract crew(s) and inspection to debrief on safety concerns, the scope of work planned for the day, coordination with third party contractors, traffic control, and issues that may impact work productivity, i.e. weather, equipment breakdowns, labor shortages, permitting, etc.
- Be the “communication hub” between the field construction and administrative tasks (engineering, ROW, project controls, operations, etc.).
- Communicate all updates, correspondence, issues, notifications, etc. with the client project manager as well as other project team members as needed.
- Construction management and oversight including review of contractor progress in accordance to project schedule, daily coordination with a contractor(s), and inspection to ensure adherence to safe work practices, and quality of work are performed in compliance with Company standards, applicable codes, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all field changes or issues on design with appointed client Engineer and/ or engineering firm by providing details of the field change and communicating between contractor and engineer. Facilitate and request for change or change order associated (if applicable) and provide interim between contractor and engineer. Advise on changes and constructability. Report all changes to PM regularly.
- Daily progress reporting to project managers and construction managers to include a summary of work completed, project issues and action items, construction photo reports, possible schedule conflicts or delays, safety issues, and pertinent correspondence summaries including any scope of work changes or work direction from Company /city officials/county officials, etc.
- Define and mitigate the elevation process for resolving issues during construction.
- Ensure all construction activities are managed and governed for safety, scope, schedule, and cost.
- Ensure that materials checked out to the project are being properly handled, stored, and protected by the appropriate contractor from vandalism or theft.
- The main point of contact during construction activities for all associated project team members.
- Provide and assist in constructability reviews, project bidding, scope allocation, change order management, cost controls, scheduling, contractor/subcontractor management, oversight of inspection team, permits/ easements, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as required
- Ability to complete and manage projects with minimal direction
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work and communicate professionally and effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to take on tasks with a high level of complexity.
- Accounting skills to quantify projects and then communicate results with customers
- A balanced approach to issue management and mitigation planning
- Demonstrates record of successful project management in complex situations.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality results
- Displays initiative and a strong sense of personal motivation as well as responsibility.
- Entrepreneurial with a self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication, presentation, and public relations skills
- Experience in providing training on key quality and regulatory compliance information
- Knowledge of applicable laws, development and construction processes, and pricing
- Knowledge of industry trends and innovations
- Must be resourceful, flexible, and maintain the ability to react and respond quickly with a focus on accuracy.
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and effectively execute in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong partnering and collaboration skills
- Track record of taking initiative, producing quality work, and meeting tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods
- Any additional industry-recognized credentials are beneficial but not required (i.e. certified welding inspection, construction management degree, certified construction manager, safety accreditations, etc.)
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent technical skills and understanding of construction methods, financial project understanding in cost estimates and budgets, working knowledge of scheduling and timelines, collaboration efforts with multiple team members and stakeholders, and a suitable background in industry safe working practices.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details, and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Must have proficiency in communications and technological skills including Microsoft Office programs.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to delegate work.
- Understanding all facets of the construction process
- This job operates both in the field and in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely travels to project sites and uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
- Ability to sit/stand for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to move freely for up to 8 hours per day
- The company offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match.
- E2 Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers-e2.icims.com.