Custom/Race Car Builder, Automotive Fabricator Job Highlights
|Title||Custom/Race Car Builder, Automotive Fabricator|
|Location||Justin, TX, United States|
Canoo works on a mission to bring EVs to Everyone. It has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first.
The company is seeking an Automotive Fabricator with experience in motorsport and/or custom car metal fabrication to join the Canoo Prototype EV (Electric Vehicle) build team.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for building high-quality custom/race cars, EV Conversions, or OEM Prototype vehicles.
- The candidates may be required a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent.
- Consistent, precise high-quality MIG and TIG Welding skills.
- Familiar with operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand power tools, shop tools, and automotive and electrical test equipment.
- Familiarity with conventional and precision measuring instruments.
- Have automotive fabrication/welding experience including chassis, suspension, body fabrication, etc.
- Manual Machining – mill and lathe work.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, being able to express ideas concisely.
- Possess automotive knowledge and have hands-on experience working on custom cars, trucks, race cars, motorcycles, etc.
- Sheetmetal body fabrication with English wheels, power hammers, bead rollers, and other related equipment.
- Skills as an automotive technician with the ability to repair and service automobiles, and/or previous experience as a mechanic (EV experience preferred).
- Ability to interpret vehicle manuals, design specifications, SAE, and Metric drawings.
- Basic understanding and use of the MS Office Suite.
- Engineering and/or vehicle design experience to design parts for prototype projects.
- Experienced CAD User (preferably Catia V6 or SolidWorks).
- Show car building and/or fabrication work experience in the OEM automotive industry.
- Understanding and troubleshooting of vehicle electrical systems, 12V vehicle wiring, and high-voltage systems (EV experience preferred).
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Vehicle diagnostics
- A detail-oriented individual who strives to produce meticulous quality work and continually work to improve their craft.
- All tools and equipment will be provided.
- Be a clean and organized worker who maintains overall shop cleanliness and follows safe work practices.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work effectively unattended and in a team-based environment.
- Be willing to travel to support special vehicle projects, including Canoo HQ in Torrance CA.
- Entire vehicle mechanical assembly, repair, and troubleshooting of vehicles as a mechanic/auto technician (EV Experience preferred)
- Fabrication of automotive chassis/suspension systems, sheet metal shaping, forming/fabrication, MIG/TIG welding, manual machining, and mechanical assembly.
- Must be able to follow precise work instructions, maintain accountability, effectively handle multiple priorities, and organize their workload to meet deadlines.
- Must have a positive attitude, be an effective communicator, and be a problem solver with the ability to produce creative solutions, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be part of a team working on the fabrication of one-off prototype EV’s. This position is for an entry metal fabricator, welder, or mechanic who has any combination of the below skills, and the desire to learn.
Canoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit careers-canoo.icims.com.