CWI Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Borger, TX, United States|
Acuren Inspection is a leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). It provides a wide range of services for industries like Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace.
Acuren Inspection is hiring a CWI Inspector who will perform inspections or verify that the work inspected, and records maintained, conform to the requirements of the applicable standards.
This individual will have responsibility for determining if welded assemblies conform to workmanship and acceptance criteria.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector certificate.
- Familiar with welding processes: SMAW, SAW, GTAW, FCAW, GMAW
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in an occupational function that has a direct relationship to welded assemblies fabricated to national or international standards
- Verify that the base materials and consumable welding materials conform to the specifications and that the welding filler metals used are as specified for each base material or combination of base materials.
- Verify that the welding equipment to be used for the work is appropriate for the use with the welding procedure and has the capability to meet the applicable requirements of the welding procedure.
- Verify that the welding procedures are as specified and are qualified and that the welding performed is performed in conformance to the applicable procedure.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Adaptable to changing schedules
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Teamwork spirit
Physical Demands/Work Conditions
- Balancing – Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Climbing – Frequent Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms up in excess of heights of 100 feet.
- Crouching – Bending the body downward and forward by bending the leg and spine.
- Feeling – Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Fingering – Picking or pinching or otherwise working with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping – Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Hearing – Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and making discriminations in sound.
- Kneeling – Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Lifting – Raising objects in excess of 100 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Pulling – Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Pushing – Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward.
- Reaching – Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing – Upwards of 95% of the workday.
- Stooping – Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Talking – Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word accurately, loudly, and quickly.
- Walking – Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Repetitive motion – Substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- A growing industry
- A well-defined career path
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Continuous investment in employees and technology
- Culture of honesty and integrity
- Paid training
Acuren Inspection is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.