Data Center Manufacturing Engineer, Standards, Tools and Methods Job Highlights
|Title||Data Center Manufacturing Engineer, Standards, Tools and Methods|
|Location||Sunnyvale, CA, United States|
Google is a world giant with a mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. It designs, researches, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe.
The company is recruiting a Data Center Manufacturing Engineer who will support the manufacturing engineering team for Google Data Centers (GDC) by establishing and maintaining the standards, tools, and methods that enables the team to determine the optimal design features and appropriate methods for ease of manufacture and assembly (DfM/A) of Google data center infrastructure products.
The position will be responsible for standardizing requirements for DfM/A and other product design requirements supporting activities such as maintenance, automation, quality, safety, etc. (DfX).
Note: The candidates will ensure that the team has the needed training and tools to be proficient in performing these basic manufacturing engineering techniques.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, related engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- The candidates should have 10 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Experience applying manufacturing engineering principles in production environments
- Experience with solid-model 3D CAD software and BIM tools
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and evaluate third-party software for product design and manufacturing engineering that will integrate seamlessly with digital PLM systems
- Identify, document, and maintain standards and methods for the consistent application of Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DfM/A)
- Pilot and test advanced PLM software tools, document findings, and present to leadership for approval to procure and apply
- Standardize and document tools and methods for optimal manufacturing and assembly of mechanical and electrical data center infrastructure products
- Train engineers in advanced manufacturing engineering methods and tools
- Master’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience with industrial automation and Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT) related to mechanical and electrical industrial assemblies
- Experience developing manufacturing testing procedures and practices
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
- Knowledge of industrial materials, manufacturing processes (fabrication, forming, welding, molding, etc.), and assembly techniques
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.