Website Westinghouse Electric Company
Design-Service Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Manning, SC, United States|
|Company||Westinghouse Electric Company|
Westinghouse Electric Company is the world’s leading supplier of safe and innovative nuclear technology. The company provides the most reliable, dependable nuclear power plants, nuclear fuel, plant automation, and operating plant products and services.
The company is seeking a Design-Service Engineer who will be responsible for the development of custom field welding and machining tooling systems.
Routinely interface with Field Operations, incumbent design engineers, and fabrication to rapidly troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues along with documenting solutions to ensure configuration control.
Apply experience and engineering judgment to quickly resolve problems in a dynamic environment.
Travel to nuclear power plants approximately 15%-20% of the time is expected with this position to support the initial deployment of tooling systems designed by the engineer or other engineers.
- Applicants should have a BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent
- Experience or education in Inventor or similar 3D modeling software.
- Understanding and application of part tolerancing for assembly and use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Proficiency with standard Office products (word, excel, etc.) is required: 9 to 12 months are required to learn the job scope.
- Conduct qualification testing and prepare data for the lead engineer’s consideration.
- Ensure the manufacturing, testing, and service operations are receiving timely technical support
- Perform design and detail drawing development for design projects
- Prepare 3D models and detailed drawings for tooling systems
- Support Assembly operations with system assembly and bench tests.
- Support design engineering in tooling system qualification and proof of concept testing as required
- Support field deployment of self-designed systems or legacy systems
- Support Manufacturing operations with the disposition of technical issues which occur during manufacturing.
- Trouble-shoot operations and equipment assembly.
- Require individuals with a “fix it now” mentality – identification of cost-effective and quickly implemented solutions to problems that occur in real-time throughout the design, fabrication, qualification, and service process.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is necessary to be successful in this role as well as demonstrated competence in 3D modeling.
- Requires an individual with an affinity for both hands-on, shop presence work and modeling and detailed drafting.
- Supports and collaborates with the design engineering team to accomplish the primary responsibilities identified.
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness, and Income Protection Benefits
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
Westinghouse Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.westinghousenuclear.com.