Director (Supply Chain) Job Highlights
|Title||Director of Supply Chain|
|Location||Shreveport, LA, United States|
Welbilt provides the world’s top chefs, premier chain operators, and the growing independent food and beverage sector with industry-leading equipment and solutions.
The company is looking for a Director of Supply Chain who will be responsible for managing a department or small unit that includes multiple teams, led by managers or team leaders, performing procurement and supply work for materials and finished goods across multiple supply chain sub-families such as Procurement, Inventory, Transportation, and International Trade.
Problems faced are often complex requiring extensive investigation and analysis.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, or Engineering from a college or university.
- Possess 10+ years of experience in supply chain and manufacturing environments (will consider less education dependent upon experience).
- Experience in global, multi-plant manufacturing companies
- Experience in most of the following categories: metals, fabrications, electric motors, wire harnesses, PCB/touch screen controllers, heating components, electronics, electrical distribution, sensors, and valves.
- Experience with category sourcing strategy in global markets, creating long-term, sustainable value for all Welbilt business lines.
- Prefer experience in the industrial OEM, automotive, HVAC-R, or food service equipment industry.
- Builds and leads decisions on inventory replenishment systems.
- Develops and executes purchasing strategies, plans, programs, and systems, both short and long-range, to ensure the achievement of economic and strategic objectives.
- Ensures materials, inventory investments, inventory planning, and service suppliers meet total costs, quality, delivery, service, and technical support requirements of the Company.
- Ensures proactive decisions for make vs. buy for NPD and consolidation programs. This also includes that critical component suppliers are certified and formally evaluated.
- Establishes goals for purchasing, supply chain, and inventory team to ensure performance targets on costs, delivery, and inventory investments remain market competitive.
- Leads supply chain initiatives across multiple business lines and actively participates in initiative teams, meetings and calls to determine strategies and program development.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to uncover, quantify, and present priority opportunities for process improvement.
- Attain short/mid-term purchased component cost, inventory turns, cash, and supplier quality targets.
- Develop and implement Supply Chain strategies to optimize the supply chain process.
- Develop and manage an effective and efficient team of Supply Chain Managers.
- Ownership of short- to mid-term (1-3 years) execution of functional strategy and operational direction of the Department.
- A high level of strategic thinking, collaboration, change management, sourcing functional expertise, and business acumen.
- Ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and to communicate and influence executive leadership.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead teams, improve capabilities, and develop talent.
- Must be able to go on the production floor and able to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
- Normal office conditions with extended periods of sitting or standing
Welbilt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit hcqd.fa.us1.oraclecloud.com.