Director (Operational Excellence) Job Highlights
|Title||Dir Operational Excellence|
|Location||Shreveport, LA, United States|
Welbilt provides the world’s top chefs, premier chain operators, and the growing independent food and beverage sector with industry-leading equipment and solutions.
The company is seeking a Dir Operational Excellence who will act as the change agent and leadership coach for process improvement and lean manufacturing; drive the lean transformation and sustainment per directed expectations in functional areas such as manufacturing, operational excellence, buying, planning, logistics, maintenance, manufacturing engineering, sustaining engineering, quality, and finance.
Reporting to this position are functions supporting Maintenance, Manufacturing Engineering, Plant Layout, and Environmental Controls.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university
- Possess a minimum of 8 years of documented world-class lean six sigma manufacturing experience including purchasing, first-line supervision, maintenance, quality, and manufacturing engineering. Supply chain exposure is preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of leading and facilitating cross-functional process improvement Kaizen, LSS projects, and rapid improvement events.
- Daily improvement cadence around Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Coaching and developing leads on production system tools and improvements
- Overall site improvement plan kaizens, projects, and just do it’s
- Manufacturing strategy decisions and improvement plans around fabrication/welding/assembly
- Capital expenditure planning and execution
- Coach all key contributors daily during formal Gemba walks on developing a highly effective Daily Management process, focused on management through mission control, flow- through making takt, ensuring compliance to standard work, and identifying and eliminating abnormalities affecting takt attainment through a problem-solving rigor
- Coach and develop the Operational Excellence change leaders to grow their knowledge, coaching, and change management capabilities
- Coach the organization on lean techniques such as Visual Management and Managing Daily Improvement (MDI)
- Developing reports and tracking mechanisms for business plan target achievement progress
- Development of strategies and specific actions that deliver business plan targets for efficiencies and quality
- Facilitate Executive Lean Workshops, Core Team Development, and Value Stream Analysis
- Works with site to develop and apply programs supporting workforce skills on lean six sigma manufacturing tools and concepts such as DMAIC, A3 thinking, KanBan, Kaizen, Value Stream analysis, visual factory, pull and error proofing, 5S, and 1×1 flow
- Works with the site leadership team to develop strategies, and educate the workforce while building a lean transformation plan of RIEs (Kaizen), A3s, and JDIs which will lead to the achievement of future state targets while also providing key deliverables in the areas of first-time quality, cycle time reduction, cost reduction, waste elimination, increased capacity, and improved efficiency
- Ability to assign priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to influence senior leadership and functional personnel to adopt and sustain change
- Able to mentor and facilitate lean culture change in an environment with varying acceptance
- Demonstrated analytical ability with an understanding of six sigma statistical tools
- Excellent documented leadership skills
- Excellent Team Facilitation Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with both senior management and front-line staff personnel
- Expert computer applications skills (MS Project, Excel, Word, Visio, and PP)
- Extensive Gemba-based continuous improvement-based tools/techniques
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to wear all Personnel Protective Equipment required.
- Ability to work in a factory environment for extended periods of time.
Welbilt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit hcqd.fa.us1.oraclecloud.com.