Website Vicinity Energy
Distribution Mechanic II Job Highlights
|Title||Distribution Mechanic II|
|Location||Baltimore, MD, United States|
Vicinity Energy is the largest provider of district energy solutions, offering energy investment, infrastructure, and management to municipal, commercial and institutional customers with mission-critical energy needs.
The company is looking for a Distribution Mechanic II who will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all equipment, piping systems, valves, and machinery.
This position will report to the Distribution Manager.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in an industrial maintenance setting
- Minimum 2 years of pipefitting experience
- Assures compliance with all applicable environmental regulations
- Continued online training
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Identify, report, and correct unsafe work environments
- Install, repair, replace, and troubleshoot piping systems, valves, steam traps, pumps
- Maintain safe working conditions in accordance with established Company policies
- Must be able to fabricate piping from layouts blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Operate all hand/power tools in a competent manner
- Participate in training to further welding skills, as needed by the department
- Perform other duties as assigned by Distribution Manager
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled
- Repair and install utility production and distribution systems such as chillers, boilers, hot water/steam/chilled water distribution, and their sub-systems.
- Respond to emergency situations immediately and work quickly to correct the problem(s).
- Takes rotating, on-call (beeper) on weekends, back shifts, and holidays
- Pipe welding certification
- Plate weld certification
- Rigging certification
- Valid MD 3rd Grade Stationary Engineers License
- Ability to create field sketches of piping systems
- Ability to perform basic computer operations and use email
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and maintenance and operation manuals.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to climb and tolerate heights up to 100 feet
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to and including 50 pounds
- Ability to tolerate heat
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must complete pre-employment screenings including a company physical exam and respirator fit test in addition to drug testing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by Company’s vehicle insurance carrier
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Vacation
- Commuter Benefit
- Competitive pay and incentive programs
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance Program
- License Reimbursement
- Matching 401k Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit us61e2.dayforcehcm.com.