Website WestRock Company
Electrical Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Technician – Electrical|
|Location||Lansing, MI, United States|
WestRock Company provides differentiated, sustainable paper and packaging solutions. The team members support customers around the world.
The company is looking to hire an Electrical Maintenance Technician who will perform general mechanical, electrical, and electronic maintenance of the facility and equipment in a timely and courteous manner.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- Training/Certification in electrical technology/machine control fields
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical machine control repair or design.
- An equivalent amount of previous experience and education will be considered.
- Bends conduit and pulls the wire.
- Operates Scissors and Fork-Lifts.
- Performs basic welding, brazing, and cutting to fabricate items such as guardrails, brackets, and hangers.
- Performs maintenance of electrical and electronic components of manufacturing equipment and of facility systems up to 480 volts.
- Performs mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Prepares and operates machine tools such as lathes, grinders, drill presses, and mills to repair or fabricate machine parts or fixtures.
- Supports various recycling programs such as light bulbs, batteries, and metals.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical problems including faulty electrical and electronic components such as relays, sensors, switches, and motors.
- Troubleshoots and resolves mechanical problems and makes repairs as needed.
- Troubleshoots motors, pumps, compressors, and any other systems in the plant.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read schematics, prints, ladder diagrams, and drawings.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret national electrical code.
- Training in basic electrical and mechanical safety.
- Working knowledge of various sensors, hand, and small power tools, AC/DC motors, and PLCs.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit westrockta.avature.net.