Electrician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Decatur, IL, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is seeking an Electrician to join its team for manufacturing and supply chain needs.
- Applicants should have an Associate’s Degree in the Maintenance/Electronics related field, Electrical Apprenticeships, Technical School
- Possess 5+ years of previous experience, military training, or equivalent
- Experience with scale and encoder systems, including Heidenhain, inductosyn, and various other feedback devices.
- Previous experience operating CNC controls
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and electronic circuits used on domestic and foreign machine tools, robots, and miscellaneous equipment.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics to troubleshoot motors, transformers, communication devices, and electronic controllers on machine tools, industrial robots, welders, and overhead lifting equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair CNC and PLC equipment with Fanuc, Siemens, and Allen Bradley controllers.
- Applicant must possess the ability to troubleshoot and repair CNC, PLC, and relay logic-controlled machines.
- Applicant must possess basic mechanical skills and the ability to operate basic tools to complete the job.
- Familiarity with analog and digital motor drives, including Siemens, Allen Bradley, and various other drives.
- Knowledge and experience repairing machine tools from various manufacturers such as G&L, Okuma, Mazak, Pama, and Liebherr.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities on complex electrical/electronic manufacturing systems.
- Excellent communication skills
- The company offers a total rewards package that provides day-one benefits for medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.