Website Magna International
Electrician Job Highlights
|Location||Penetanguishene, ON, Canada|
Magna International is one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and is dedicated to delivering mobility solutions. The company’s competitive capabilities include body exteriors and structures, power and vision technologies, seating systems, and complete vehicle solutions.
The company is hiring an Industrial Electrician who will be responsible for the installation, servicing, and maintenance of all electrical apparatus with the purpose of supporting the production needs of the company.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Certified Electrician with the appropriate papers
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Assist other maintenance departments and personnel as required.
- Carry out any preventative maintenance work as required by the company’s preventative maintenance program.
- Effect repairs in a timely and efficient manner as required.
- Estimate the time required for each job.
- Evaluate the job to be done in relation to the tools required and the extent of materials needed.
- Liaise with all other departments including production, toolroom, engineering, and quality control in the performance of duty.
- Obtain the necessary equipment and tools required to do the job through various means including the tool crib, toolroom, or through special orders.
- Operate the forklift and high lift as required.
- Read, interpret, or alter electrical wiring diagrams as required.
- Receive instructions relative to priority needs and requirements.
- Responsible for the completion of daily time sheets.
- Through the purchasing department, liaise with outside contractors and suppliers.
- Troubleshoot electrical control problems.
- Work is completed through the use of various meters, computers, scopes, milling machines, drill presses, assorted grinders, lathes, and various welders.
- Work on the design, fabrication, installation, programming, and try-out of new and modified equipment.
- Work with other departments in the troubleshooting of equipment and facility concerns.
- Carry out all duties focusing on the goal of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Comply with defined Business Management and Environmental Management Systems requirements.
- Ensure that all environmental requirements are identified and addressed when performing duties.
- Ensure that all safety requirements are being carried out when performing duties.
- Provide support for the continuous improvement initiatives within TechForm.
- Provide support in the attainment of Techform’s operating system goals as outlined by the key graphs.
- Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor or designate.
- Working knowledge of PLC programming, primarily with Allen Bradley, Omron, and Texas Instruments controllers (a definite asset)
- Ability to read, interpret and amend detailed machine blueprints
- General direction is provided, and one must have the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail is key as the position involves work on equipment that is not easily replaced
- Attends to Details/Organizes Work
- Goal/Task Oriented
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Solves Issues
- Time Conscious
- Troubleshoots Problems
- Works with Minimal Supervision
Magna International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company hires on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.magna.com.