Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Job Highlights
|Location||St John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada|
Acuren Inspection is a leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). It provides a wide range of services for industries like Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace.
The company is seeking an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) who will perform engineering calculations, develop numerical models and generate CAD drawings, as well as perform field engineering services, non-destructive testing, and destructive testing to support inspection and engineering projects.
The incumbent will receive guidance from a supervisor/senior engineer and perform work using established technical procedures and professional practice guidelines.
- Applicants should have a University Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Structural) (preferred)
- Bachelors or better in Engineering
- Membership in the applicable provincial association for professional engineers (required)
- Hands-on work experience; previous experience with welding, mechanical repairs, maintenance, failure analysis, pressure equipment assessment and inspection, fitness for service review, and repair design (preferred)
- Application of NDT methodologies towards optimal equipment maintenance strategies and the ability to provide a path forward based on testing results
- Background with materials standards and analysis (an asset)
- Engineering theories, principles, and practices
- Industrial codes and standards related to materials, welding, tanks, and pressure equipment
- Assisting with engineering analysis, repair/improvements for manufactured products, welded, cast/heat-treated components, pressure vessels, pipelines, tanks, tubing, valves, shafts, and other similar industrial equipment
- Conducting field engineering services in industrial environments including chemical analysis, hardness testing, metallography, and laser profilometry; note the position at times will require out-of-office field work up to 50% of the time, depending on client scheduling demands
- Performing engineering review of equipment integrity inspections and providing recommendations on serviceability
- Acting as project leader for site inspections and supporting technical investigations, communicating with clients to gather evidence, conducting analysis, and preparing reports
- Ensuring efficient use of resources and delivery of results
- Providing technical support to projects
- Continually striving for process improvements including creating comprehensive reports and reports aligned to client needs, identifying solutions to issues, and developing recommendations for implementation
- Following up with clients regarding the implementation of recommendations
- Identifying additional services and products and new technologies to meet ongoing client needs
- Meeting with customers to discuss report findings, recommendations, and conclusions
- Proactively taking the initiative to understand customer requirements and needs to ensure expectations are met and exceeded
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and compliance with, responsibilities under the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, ISO Systems, and Acuren Safety and Quality Management Systems, policies and procedures
- Ability to manage large amounts of data effectively
- Ability to resolve issues and problems that are not clearly defined
- Ability to translate knowledge into practical solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively respond to different levels of understanding, and produce professional reports
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- A driver’s license, Class 5 (clean record) required
Acuren Inspection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers employment solely based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.