Website Rush Enterprises
Equip Install Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Equipment Installation Technician|
|Location||Oklahoma City, OK, United States|
Rush Enterprises provides solutions to the commercial vehicle industry. The company also offers an integrated approach to the sales and service of new and used commercial vehicles, all-makes parts, collision repair, vehicle technology solutions, alternative fuel systems, and a range of financial services.
Perfection Truck Parts & Equipment (a Rush company) offers heavy and light duty equipment installation, equipment repair, parts installation, crane service, and paint and body repair.
Perfection Truck Parts & Equipment is seeking an Equipment Installation Technician who will be responsible for the proper installation and operation of truck and trailer-mounted equipment as assigned.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 year of experience in the installation of commercial truck and trailer-mounted equipment.
- Must pass a 2G MIG weld test, as defined by the State of Oklahoma.
- Includes both vertical and horizontal applications following proper welding procedures to ensure welds with integrity. (void of cold fusion, porosity, undercut, or poor penetration).
- Advise customer and/or service writer of any repairs or services which should be performed within the next 3 months.
- Document work performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to MIG weld both vertical and horizontal applications following proper welding procedures to ensure welds with integrity. (void of cold fusion, porosity, undercut, or poor penetration).
- Must be capable of installing and troubleshooting 12VDC electrical components.
- Must be proficient in the proper and safe use of hand and air-operated tools.
- Must have own tools or acquire them.
- Possess a basic understanding of the operation and use of a welder and a cutting torch.
- Read job orders and plan work procedures.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding the work performed. Foster a positive customer relationship.
- Must be capable of performing Class 1-2 vehicle equipment installations with limited supervision:
-Auxiliary lighting and switches
-Bluetooth and cell phone amplifiers
-Fire extinguisher and first aid kits
-Grill Guards, tow hooks, 12VDC winches
-Headache rack, ladder racks
-Receiver hitches, trailer light connections
-Toolbox – all styles
-Tube steps, auxiliary steps
-Van interior components
Required Tool List
- Air Wrench (1/2”) Drive and Adaptors
- Cordless Drill – 18v
- Cut-off wheel and Grinder
- Cutting Glasses
- End Wrench Set 1/4” through 1” (both metric and standard)
- Full Socket Set 1/4” through 1” (both metric and standard)
- Ball-Peen Hammers or small sledge 1-2 lb.
- Test Light
- Volt Meter
- Welding Hood
- Wire Stripper and Crimper
- We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement – all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude, and integrity.
Rush Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, women, protected veterans, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.rushenterprises.com.