Website Packaging Corporation of America
Maintenance Fabricator – 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Fabricator – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Hanover, PA, United States|
|Company||Packaging Corporation of America|
Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is containerboard and corrugated packaging product manufacturer. The corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping customers’ large and small package, transport, and display products of all kinds. The white paper business delivers Paper with Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Fabricator to join its team for the 2nd shift.
- The applicants should have a High School Graduate or GED
- The candidates should have the knowledge and practical application experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance.
- Assume an active role in overall plant and facilities-related work.
- Position requires assisting all jobs on the plant floor.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime.
- Ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential importance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing to work closely on a day-to-day basis with other production personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce the downtime of machines.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Familiar with conveyors and pumps
- Able to pass pre-employment background and drug tests.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have own tools.
- Strong electrical background in Industrial Electrical Controls as well as Mechanical abilities.
- Understanding of electrical schematics and documentation.
- Welding to include MIG and ARC
- Willingness to pursue ongoing technical training to enhance capabilities.
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Holiday Time
- Life, Disability and AD&D Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- Professional Growth and Advancement
- Retirement Savings and Employer-Matched 401k
PCA is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.packagingcorp.com.