Equipment Engineer (Service Manufacturing) Job Highlights
|Title||Equipment Engineer – Service Manufacturing|
|Location||Lathrop, CA, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is hiring an Equipment Engineer who has hands-on experience debugging equipment hardware and software from manufacturing equipment and testers.
The ideal candidate has broad-based experience with ladder logic, robotics, Ignition, mechanical, electrical, welding (ultrasonic, laser, MIG, arc, etc.), grinding, machining, soldering, hydraulics, pneumatics, and semi-automatic electromechanical equipment.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics/Mechanical/Electrical Technology from a college or university or equivalent experience
- Combined 2 years of hands-on experience in at least two of the following areas:
-Ladder Logic –PLC or Inductive Automation SCADA
-LabView or Python scripting
-New product introduction experience with equipment and testers.
-Building AND sustaining complex electromechanical equipment and testers
- Become Journeyman Level on PLC, LabView, Ignition, mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic machines and testers
- Coordinate equipment installation and start-up/debug support
- Covers day-to-day operation of equipment/testers and takes action immediately to minimize equipment bottlenecks or downtime
- Define KPIs and drive actions to improve equipment uptime, validation, quality, utilization, and safety.
- Deploys and sustain equipment and testers in NA, EU, and APAC
- Develop and set up manufacturing assembly lines, release and/or refine equipment BOMs, workflow processes, and detailed manufacturing and maintenance instructions.
- Diagnoses equipment failures, finds root cause, and communicates actions
- Enforce that operators, engineering technicians, and maintenance follow safety protocols (LOTO, 5-S, Arc Flash, etc.)
- Equipment lead and liaison between engineering, production, quality, technicians, and maintenance
- Improve best practices, validation plans, training material, and safety
- Improve equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair during development, validation, commissioning, and sustaining.
- Improve spare parts and establish prognostics for equipment and testers
- Interact daily with manufacturing engineers and operators, escalate problems to equipment engineers and define escalation paths
- Leads electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment assembly of pilot testers and provides input to new production equipment and testers.
- Performs periodic safety, quality, maintenance, and procedure audits while improving equipment cleanliness in Reman areas
- Provide on-the-job training to maintenance and production personnel.
- Recommends countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns, resolves reliability issues, drives efficiency, and reduces cost.
- Validate new testers and equipment and train operators. Training to include safety procedures, SOP’s, training manual, spare parts, and preventive maintenance.
- Ability to manage daily activities within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented work environment
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Acts independently with little to no supervision and uses discretion to follow escalation paths
- Can track multiple assignments and tasks simultaneously
- Edit equipment and tester e-manuals, service bulletins, and prognostics maintenance.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills across multi-disciplinary teams
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Have an aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies
- Interpret and author engineering drawings, electrical schematics, and technical documentation
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours
- Must be reliable, innovative, committed, self-starter, quality-focused, and works without direction
- Strives to grow, research, and learn advanced technical skills.
- 10-20% domestic and/or international travel to supplier and Tesla sites
- Flexibility to work off-shift, weekends, and holidays are required
- Hands-on experience to debug, inspect, and correct hardware and software from equipment and testers during design, validation, ramp-up, and sustaining.
- Hands-on experience training technicians, maintenance technicians, and author detailed instructions, SOPs, and maintenance documents.
- Lead other technicians, operators, and interns on large equipment projects
- One year of experience with JIRA and Confluence. Familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodologies is a plus
- Prior experience authoring training guides and debugging instructions for operators, maintenance team are a must.
- Proven experience with software and assembly of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic modifications to existing equipment/testers to enhance safety, quality, and performance
- Skilled at troubleshooting automation, conveyance, and electromechanical systems
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.