Website JBT Corporation
Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Warrenton, OR, United States|
John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food and beverage industry with a focus on proteins, liquid foods, and automated guided vehicles.
JBT designs, produces, and services sophisticated products and systems for multi-national and regional food companies through its FoodTech segment. JBT also sells critical equipment and services to domestic and international air transportation customers through its AeroTech segment.
The company is seeking a Fabricator who will be responsible for setting up and operating assigned fabrication machines and machine tools.
Fabricators will read blueprints to determine the measurements of each product; and operate machinery to cut and bend the materials into the shape according to drawing specifications.
They will also lay out and fabricate metal assemblies and weldments by welding, forming, and various other fabrication processes.
- The applicants should have a High School Graduate or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 years of experience with fabrication equipment
- Advise supervision of issues that arise.
- Correctly process work via required paperwork and the MRP system.
- Identifying material requirements Coordinate with other departments (engineering, production planning, quality, etc.) as necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Inspect product and, if non-conforming, process via non-conforming material procedures.
- Manufacture product that meets quality requirements.
- Meet time and schedule standards for assigned work
- Translating customer engineering documents (drawings, specifications, etc.) into logical processes to complete tasks.
- Carry out production, 1st piece inspection, and machine operation duties
- Ensure that every machine procedure is done in accordance with JBT guidelines
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace
- Ability to understand the physical properties of metals and apply knowledge in the fabrication of a part
- Ability to work from mechanical engineering drawings, work instructions, and shop routings to perform tasks
- Must be able to perform accurate mathematical calculations, and measure and verify dimensions using a tape measure, scale, micrometer, or templates
- Must possess strong math skills
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Proven history of working with gauges as needed for fabrication
- Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available
- Team-oriented and self-directed
- Translate the requirements of detailed part drawings into measurements for production
- The company offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage + a 401K plan, and much more.
JBT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides equal opportunity to all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-jbtc.icims.com.