Website Martinrea International
Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Toronto, ON, Canada|
Martinrea International is a diversified global automotive supplier, focused on accelerating innovation in metal forming, aluminum casting, fluid systems, and flexible assemblies to help automakers meet their lightweight requirements. At the same time, it improves a vehicle the overall strength, safety, and fuel efficiency.
The company is seeking a Fabricator who will perform all fabrication-related tasks at Hydroform Coatings using assigned fabrication tools and work safely as per our HSE policies and procedures.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess a minimum 6 months of fabricating work experience with Mig, Stick, or Tig welding certification
- Previous work experience as a metal fabricator (an asset)
- Able to follow instructions and draw from experience to work independently and in a team
- Check bollards and fencing tightening down bolts as needed.
- Clean equipment, renew various signage around the plant
- Close out work orders in E-maintenance
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspects of the job
- Ensure all Lockout/Tagout procedures always adhere to 100% of the time
- Ensure timely completion of all assigned projects
- Fabricate/build metal child carts for a high-frequency delivery system
- Follow company policies on Health, Safety, and Environment and PPE requirements
- Paint guarding and machinery
- Perform hot work permits as needed
- Repair metal bins in the house
- Responsible for always maintaining good housekeeping in the work area and equipment/machines
- Welding and or fabrication of all and any assemblies within provided specifications
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to use fabrication tools such as shears, brakes, rollers, drill presses, saws, grinders, and cutting torches
- Basic understanding of English (oral and written)
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
- Excellent attendance and flexibility to work overtime as required
- Must be physically capable of performing work (required)
- Support Quality System, Health, Safety, and Environmental Management System requirements
- 100% plant floor (PPE required)
- Lifting and pushing as needed
- Require communication with employees, peers, and management
Health Safety Instructions
- Prohibited from walking under a suspended hoist, cranes, or forklifts.
- Must follow all LOTO procedures
- Comply with all environmental requirements including our recycling program.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices, or certain clothing as required by the company.
- Must work in accordance with health and safety regulations, company rules, plant rules, policies, and procedures
Martinrea International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit martinrea.prevueaps.com.